Big Fudge Vinyl’s Solution for Cleaning Vinyl Records: Befriend the Record Friend™
After developing cleaning kits and protective products for the growing community of vinyl record collectors and enthusiasts, Big Fudge has developed its most complete solution for cleaning vinyl records to date – the Record Friend cleaning kit. This set of cleaning supplies will clean all the dirt, dust, smudges, fingerprints (and more) from your vinyl albums and will help to improve the sound quality the next time you listen.
THE ALL-IN-ONE CLEANING KIT – Our greatest cleaning solution for cleaning large amounts of vinyl records, the Record Friend cleaning kit comes with the following items:
- Sink that can be set up for 12-inch, 10-inch and 7-inch records (includes lid)
- 2 bottles of concentrated cleaning fluid (150 mL each)
- 2 microfiber cleaning brushes
- 2 rollers for setting up what size record you are going to clean in the sink
- 1 microfiber cleaning cloth
- 1 all-purpose cleaning cloth
- A drying rack that can handle up to 10 records at a time
- Operating instructions
NOTE: The Record Friend cleaning kit sink and drying rack can be combined for easy storage when not in use
EASY SETUP & EASY CLEANING – This solution for cleaning vinyl records is the best cleaning product offered by Big Fudge and its design is specifically intended to deep clean your records. The setup and use of the kit are simple and further detailed in your owners’ manual. Here are the essentials:
- Position the rollers at the top of the sink to handle 12-, 10-, or 7-inch records
- Tip: pre-wash your drying cloths with like colors, with regular detergent
- Lock the microfiber brushes into the sink
- With distilled or tap water, fill the Record Friend sink up to the bottom of the grooves, marking the outside position of the rollers.
- Add 3 capfuls of the cleaning solution
- Position the dry-wiped record in the sink with the edge touching the rollers and the record’s grooves in-between the two microfiber brushes
- Rotate the record three times clockwise and then counterclockwise three times, making sure that the brushes have covered all of the grooves more than once
- Remove the record from the sink to dry using your microfiber cloth, then wipe gently with that pre-washed drying towel in a clockwise motion
- Place on drying rack until completely dry
Once you are satisfied that your records are completely dry, you should immediately put them in their protective inner and outer sleeves and store them. Or, kick back and listen to said record before tucking it into bed.
HOW DOES IT WORK SO WELL? – The Record Friend cleaning kit uses the combination of high-quality microfiber brushes and the Big Fudge vinyl record cleaning liquid to clean areas in your records that a simple dry rag will never be able to duplicate.
By soaking your vinyl records in the water with our cleaning fluid, the water is able to penetrate into the grooves of your records and wash away all of the dust and other residue.
Our microfiber brushes are specifically designed to work with the cleaning fluid to scrub away fingerprints, smudges, and any remaining dirt or dust with each turn of your record in the sink. These brushes are soft, but durable – enabling them to clean off the dirt and oils that would impact your record’s sound quality without doing any damage to the vinyl material. This balance between delicate and durable provides a safe cleaning experience that results in amazing sound and extending the life of your record collection.
CONTINUED USE – Each bottle of the Record Friend cleaning fluid is 150 mL of a concentrated solution that is capable of cleaning up to 500 vinyl records, so you will definitely get your money’s worth. We’ve simplified the process by offering refills and individual supplies for when you need to buy replacements, as well.
These solutions for cleaning vinyl records are guaranteed to keep your records looking and sounding amazing, while making it easier for you to give them the care and maintenance that they require.
With simple cleanings combined with the protective storage items also sold at Big Fudge, your collection of albums will keep bringing the music and good times.